Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Endomyocardial biopsies for personalized treatment in dilated cardiomyopathy and Myocarditis
Today up to 50% of patients with myocarditis or dilated cardiomyopathies (DCMi) have a poor prognosis:
- 50% resolution in 2-4 weeks
- 25% develop persistent cardiac dysfunction
- 12-25% may deteriorate acutely and die or progress to end-stage DCM
Since 2016 the ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure are recommending diagnostic tests in patients with heart failure.
- EMB should be considered in patients with rapidly progressive heart failure despite standard therapy:
- When there is likelihood of a specific Diagnosis that can only be confirmed on myocardial specimens
- Specific therapy is available and effective
- Class IIa, Level C
IKDT Offers world leading diagnosis in heart failure based EMBs
- Molecular Virology
- Gene expression profiles
IKDT analysis will deliver the clinicians to understand if the basis for patients disease:
Viral causes → Anti viral therapy for example with interferon
Inflammatory cause → Anti- inflamatory treatment
Genetic rationales → Specific treatment patterns
With the clearcut diagnosis, personalized treatment in dilated cardiomyopathy and Miocarditis will improve patients prognosis.
Contact us to coordinate the delivery of your EMB specimens to IKDT - fast and secure!